Well hello there...

Here are my ramblings about nothing in particular. You're about to be bored by notes and pix on my obsessions with and addictions to op shopping, crochet, polka dots, beads, vintage fabric or other treasures. Stay a while and enjoy and come back sometime.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

accidental bags of wool

Is it a good thing to have a woollen mill factory outlet in your town? Me thinks yes and no. There are great bargains to be had with bags of wool that are priced per kilo and you can run amok making all sorts of things out of just one bag. Half a bag of recently purchased wool has made me a great woollen cardy and it only cost about $20 for the full bag. That's an absolute bargain isn't it? And there's enough wool to make another jumper or cardy too.

The down side is definitely the "accidental bags of wool" purchases that seem to happen to me when I just "pop" into the outlet to see what they have. You see you HAVE to do this, as you just never know what may be there. So of course you HAVE to keep checking in case they have just put out exactly what you are after. I'm on the hunt you see for a really lovely lime green 8 ply wool that I KNOW THEY HAVE SOMEWHERE as I've seen it in the lady behind the counter's personal stash. But the unfortunate thing is I always end up with accidental purchases in my hunt for the illusive green wool. Take today for example, as I just popped (there it is that word again"popped"...popping you see can be very dangerous indeed!) into the factory outlet and once again came out without my lovely green wool :-( .....but picked up two bags of equally lovely other-coloured wool that I don't really need, but couldn't leave in the shop in case I will need them one day. One bag is 18 balls of a lovely turquoise alpaca & wool blend & the other is 10 100g balls of mauve 8 ply which will team nicely in my current cushion cover project. All for a bargain basement price of $38.50. Don't tell the man that lives at my house OK?

No comments:

Post a Comment